Friday, March 11, 2011

Here I Am (Sort Of...)




Moleskins:


Have you used these notebooks? Great artists and thinkers, such as Van Gogh and Picasso used these. They lay flat and have a hidden pocket in the back to store secret snips of paper, or photos, etc. I used to use a composition notebook because they were small and square, would fit in a canvas bag, and didn't cost much. Finally I treated myself to the luxury of Moleskins and a whole new world of expression opened up to me. I usually print a copy of one of my paintings and tape this onto the cover. Having my Moleskin lay on the counter by the cash register reminds me who I am beyond this day job. Here is a page I doodled on recently inbetween customers at the conveinence store.
Get a Moleskin and have fun. They sell ared one. Saw this at Blicks Art MAterials.....Darlene






No comments: