Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Hidden Pictures



Do you remember the puzzle in magazines called "Hidden Pictures?" Highlights magazine for children still publishes the Hidden Pictures pages. Great fun. Sometimes when I want a break from "adult art" or writing I get a coloring book and crayons and color as if I'm eight years old again. Don't forget to smell the crayons. This scent and motion of putting color to paper will relax you and you may also be surprised to find answers to a problem, or solutions to finishing that creative project while you color. I keep a pad and pen close by to record ideas for other projects that surface while I'm coloring.



Once in a while I buy a children's magazine. Yes I go to the hidden pages puzzles first. I drew a few of my own. I've included one because it may be too difficult to view on-line. But if you're up to squinting for the challenge see if you can find the hidden pictures. Have fun and say hello to the eight year old you for me.



2 comments:

Dawn said...

This is great I love your thinking behind it too! I love to be eight again no worries no cares just really determined to keep in the lines ha ha thanks for reminding me. we would all do well to keep in touch with the inner child in us

Love Dawn xx

toadinaboat.com said...

I remember Highlights. I love the smell of crayons and still use them. I only got the 16 color ones when I was a kid but now I can buy myself the BIG boxes! I'm glad to see I'm not the only big kid around. :)