Thursday, June 2, 2011

Yard Sells and Hunting Junk




Now that I'm working on art assemblage I'm taking walks to look for rusty objects. I also love the hunt at the flea markets and yard sales. The hunts are especially fun and encouraging when I'm stuck and can't move forward. I was working with an old wooden box and I needed a piece for the background. Hmmmm. So I decided to take a break from it with a little walk. I walked less than a block and found the perfect rusty piece that had fallen off a vehicle. Voila. Two days befor I was at a flea market. This particular one is held yearly and it used to be grand but has changed into one of those crappy flea markets with tons of baby toys and clothes (yuck), and commercial products such as Avon and Tupperware. Those people who have year round yard sales, you know the ones who let their stuff sit outside all year, and they drape tarps over it, sell at this flea market now. Evidently they pull out the good stuff to bring to this sale. Little Johnny didn't get to finish nuking his breakfast poptart before they unplugged the thing and set it up at the sale. (The evidence is in the photo.) "Yes, sir, how much for that there dirty microwave?"

1 comment:

Jackie said...

eeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww! Gross pop-tart for little Johnnie!!! so wahtcha get? huh?
show me more pics! Did you get anything goo? My husband actually brought me home two giunda feathers today...he says he thought I might use them in my steampunk art! i love that he gets it now!