Thursday, October 20, 2011

Art Journaling





I did not work on the handmade journal that I posted yesterday. Oops, something else called to me today. I did a two page spread in a Strathmore Visual journal for the Journal Group I belong to in "Hands and Hearts" site. The prompt was "Home is Where the Heart is." My theme turned out to be one of a bit of fear, lovely home images such as the night sky and flower, with a definate push towards a creative home being the heart for me. It is a mixed-media collage using copies of my artwork for ephemera. A large amount of the work was from a picture book I wrote and illustrated titled, "The Interesting Room." That's Lloyd lying on the floor...maybe you'll see the book one day if I'd ever try to market it. Lloyd's been waiting a couple of years.

No comments: