Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Back to the Studio

I am happy to report I am creating again. I went one month and three days without a paintbrush in my hand (sigh)....until my NY friend Jackie called to ask what was going on. I had been purging. I was clearing clutter. If it wasn't something beautiful to me, something I loved, or something that defined who I am today out it went. It is amazing the things we hold onto because of some definition of emotional attachment. The first thing I took out was magazines. Three hours later I went to the donation site and retrieved them. Well my daughter did because her arms are longer and she was able to reach into the bin easier. Three days later I worried I was a magazine hoarder and I redonated them.

In 1999 I bought a book titled, Clear Your Clutter with Feng Shui by Karen Kingston. Since 1999 I've gone through various stages of clearing clutter. I have never understood or been more free from physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual clutter more than I am now. It does take years sometimes to learn to let go and redefine what or who we need in our lives. I recommend this book and if you want a real kick to get started watch the Hoarders or Hoarders Buried Alive shows. Although I hear from my artist friends that they clear clutter inbetween creating art. Always about balance, huh?

P.S. The cat is my daughter's rescue cat (one of four). His name is Moth Tolkien.

No comments: