Thursday, October 27, 2011

Handmade Art Journal Phase Two



























































































































































If you've been following you know I made a handmade journal per Teesha Moore's idea with a 20x30 sheet of 140lb hot press watercolor paper. I've made books and handmade journals before but this is very easy and fast. I like how it lays flat and has fold out pages. A few days ago I posted phase one which was laying color on the pages and adding cut up copies of my artwork for collage ephemera.


Today I worked on phase two where I blend charcoal (willow sticks), Caran D'ache oil crayons, and or Derwent inktense pencil around and over some of the paper art I'ved glued to the pages. This connects the paper pieces to the background. I also cut the plastic windows from envelopes and glued these over parts of faces I wanted accented. In theses photos it shows up as a bold white line around it.


Then I started to sketch...some faces, a cat, etc. I used India black ink and a dip pen to write some of my poetry. Sometimes I just pulled one or two lines from a poem instead of using the entire poem. I love working in an art journal...such freedom for creative exploration and discovery.

Come back again because I will add some finished pages soon.


Happy creating,

Darlene

No comments: