Friday, November 11, 2011

Snail Mail Art Project

Day two for my Snail Mail Art Project.


I am sending a piece of art out by snail mail everyday. How long will I do this? Oh, I don't know. We'll see, but at least long enough to get your attention and perhaps a little piece of original art in your mailbox.


Today I mail art to Dave Hunter in Illinois. I met Dave through Michael DeMeng's online Artlab workshop and I am ever grateful for his friendship. He is an art assemblage artist (just one of many talents) and makes these cool eyeballs to use in art. Michael Demeng traded one of his art pieces for Dave's eyeballs. (Not his real ones) Dave is currently repairing a ceiling in his old house. You know how those old houses have character and nothing is standard or square? The contractor wants to rebuild the beam structure so he can have a square ceiling to work on.....hence the art that asks, "But can you live with a square ceiling?" Well, if you don't get it Dave will know exactly what I mean.


Namaste,

Darlene (or Dar to Dave)

No comments: