Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Handmade Art Journal

This is a handmade art journal I made today to use in Zinnia's "Journal Journey" on Roses on my Table" site. I glued every two pages together in hopes this will help support the type work I do.

This is the front cover...Once upon a time.

This is the back cover...I listened to the birds today.



Iused two layers of gesso before I painted with acrylic. I used opaque pens and a white gelly pen for accents. I will keep you posted on how the pages hold up. The color of the paper is a muted green so I will probably use some gesso on the pages I intend to paint.


Namaste,

Darlene


PS Isn't it wonderful to be spinning in a new year. New ideas. New starts.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Darlene this is amazing I love the colours and the animals. This is a super start to the journal I will have to pop back and keep checking this out ;0) Dxx