Thursday, January 12, 2012

Loving Mixed Media (LMM) Painting a Day

Title: If I'd Known


Uh oh I said yes to a painting a day. I'm involved with Gary Reef's social site titled, "Loving Mixed Media." The requirement is to post a drawing, doodle or painting every day. There is a lot to be learned (I suspect) by creating every day and having to show your peers the results. I'm just going to jump in and see how it goes...I am happy to report I agreed to do this a few hours ago and I posted the first piece about 10 minutes ago. Whew! Here it is with one close up shot. I did layers with watercolors, stencils, acrylic, oil pastel, and pen.

3 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

Did you start out with a black sheet of paper?

Freenie Belle said...

No it is white with white gesso on it. I do lots of layers. Will chat with you more about it later...off to the day job.

SimJaTa said...

Looks great, and sounds great fun. Enjoy looking at your works, I too like to zig zag rather a lot - really must get the paints out again.