Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pen Drawing in Moleskine Sketchbook

"Writer's Write." I need to post this at my computer to remind me of the simple fact that writer's write. And everyday at that. I write every day in my journal (which is also a Moleskine notebook) but this is usually pages dedicated to scribbling whatever is on my mind, or plans I have for a painting, or a book idea, maybe descriptions of my interactions during the day. My pages may include doodles, or lists of books to read, or events to attend. That sort of thing. It is a good way to warm up to the day and to center my thoughts. To help balance my perspective and even solve problems on the page. It is a place to vent. A place to write wishes and dreams and simply to grunt about something coming up I don't want to do. I have been painting and drawing and the novel writing and picture story writing is getting shoved aside. I'm trying to block out specific times to write and create art but it seems like the painting has been getting all of my attention lately.

In May I am planning to attend the writer's retreat by author Wade Rouse in Michigan. I need to take my manuscript with me. It is humor essay based on my day job at the convenience store. I almost have it completed but I must get back to writing everyday.......and if you want to read some funny stuff look up Wade Rouse. One of his most popular books is, "At least in the City Someone Would Hear Me Scream." I guarantee you will laugh.


1 comment:

Rabbit Micael Chadwick said...

What a great reminder! That waste bin looks all to and unfortunately familiar!