Sunday, February 19, 2012

A Window Back There

This art assemblage piece is titled, "A Window Back There." I am enchanted with the space between awake and sleep and the power that space holds for us...if only we knew how to tap into it. This piece represents a window into that time. What is time other than what we know of it defined by clocks and calendars.....and where are we really when we are dreaming?...I've used a clock as a symbol to these other areas of time and have included old pieces such as marbles from my dad's childhood, the handle to his workbench, a fuse and nails from my old childhood home, etc. If I could hover in that space between here and there and look through the window back there I may find myself in a space without the tick-tock-ticking of the clock. We'd be forever...











1 comment:

SimJaTa said...

How wonderful Darlene, looks fantastic.