Sunday, May 20, 2012

Art is...To Swap- Art is...You-The East and West Coast Art Retreats

front

back

Page three of six pages I am painting for the Art is You art swap. I used pan pastels for the very first time on this background. Whoohoo...I love them. They go on so smooth. I got the mottled effect by painting Golden white fluid acrylic in spots then I applied the pan pastel. Kind of a resist effect. I like it because it looks vintage. I've had pan pastels on my wish list for a long time and finally bought some at Dick Blicks. Got a set of six colors to start, but now I'll just have to have all the colors.....also bought Pam Carriker's Liquid Pencil in the permanent and the water soluable. Have not tried this product yet. I'm taking her online portrait class at Artful Gathering in June and we'll be using that product then.

Namaste,
Darlene

 

No comments: