Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Devotional Bottle / Artful Gathering Workshop

Close Up View

Back View

Front View

This is a Devotional Bottle, the first of three, I will be making during the online class at Artful Gathering taught by Zinnia whom is also the host. The base is a glass bottle layered with paper, paint and moldeling paste. The orange wrap around his neck is dyed cheesecloth. That is a handmade teeney book of wisdom hanging from his neck. The Buddha head is carved bone. Wire work and beadwork adorn the Buddha. I have a sore thumb from twisting wire and I know I need better tools. Click on the "Artful Gathering" image in the left sidebar to view all the fabulous workshops. Session two just started so registration is still open.

Namaste,
Darlene

2 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

You did a great job on this Darlene! I haven't started mine--too much going on right now!

ॐ Micael Chadwick said...

This. Is. Stunning.

I collect Buddhas, so this immediately caught my attention. The energy of this piece is just staggering.

Beautiful work. Really beautiful.