Thursday, July 26, 2012

Drawing on the Front Porch



The power went out during the storm today so I took some drawing paper out to my porch. I have a grand front porch that wraps around a good portion of my house. It has large stone columns and three sets of wide stone steps leading up to the porch. This is a place for afternoon naps and a place to be outdoors listening to the thunder when it rains. The birds visit in the pines and I feel like I am at a retreat setting when I sit on this porch. I grew up in this house so I used to draw and color and make paperdolls on this porch. There was a big old porch swing that was perfect to sleep on during very hot nights. Porches are divine aren't they?

2 comments:

Chongolio Randybain said...

That chicken on roller-skates is pure awesome! Nothing like a good porch, a glass of iced tea and a sketch pad on a summers eve!

Janet Ghio said...

Your porch sounds amazing!! I wish i could take a nap on it or make paperdolls with you on it!! Love the chicken with the roller skates and the little dog with the crown!!