Thursday, July 19, 2012

Look What I Made With Dave Hunter's Eyeballs

This little devotional bottle was inspired by the online class I'm taking with Zinnia at Artful Gathering. My artist friend, Dave Hunter, makes beads and glass eyeballs. (Hey Dave, I'll need to order some beads from you for future work...) (See the image of Dave's eyeballs in left sidebar) The rusty stopper holding the eyeball extends into the bottle and it has two teeney eyeballs and bead dangles attached to it.

I put Apoxie clay on the bottom of the bottle. First I put a layer of white tissue paper down. I pressed religous medals into the clay and inked it (Holtz Adirondack) for color.

Here you can see the impressions in the clay and the bead dangles inside. A teeney blue eyeball is above those beads but the glass reflection makes it difficult to see. I took apart some old coin earrings from the 80's and used them as dangles.

Top view. Isn't Dave's eyeball a hoot? By the way he sells beads and eyeballs. I will hang this bottle in a special place to remind me of Dave and how grateful I am to have him as a friend.

I am so addicted to beading and rusty wire that I'm trying to figure out a way to work on it at my day job. Think they'd notice?

Namaste,
Darlene

No comments: