Saturday, July 7, 2012

Art Is You / Wild Weird Wonderful Swap

Front View

Back View ( I will write my personal information here)

This is a 4 x 6 painting #5 of 6 to be completed for the Art Is You Retreats...Wild Weird Wonderful Swap.

Today I said NO to attending a festival. It is a festival I always attend every year. I am paying attention to the times that I do something else instead of painting or writing. I need to be in the studio painting and I definately need time for writing. I tend to deep sigh about how much time the day job takes (and it does) but I am now consciously reserving the time before or after work to create and write. I thought I already did this, but there was a large amount of time wasted with those little interrruptions, or domestic chores, etc. "Living the creative life" translates to finding those bits of time to create inbetween the day job and those other daily things that call to me. It's quite refreshing to say NO to outside distractions and YES to the studio. Did you say NO to anything lately in order to create?

Namaste,
Darlene

1 comment:

Janet Ghio said...

Love your crazy cat Darlene!!