Monday, November 26, 2012

Studio

Some fun stuff in my studio. The metal plates on the shelf are by Mattel...the original plates from the Creepy Crawly toy. The long wooden box holds photos to use in art.

I usually work at a large antique counter but I set this smaller space up just for working on watercolor illustrations for a specific project. I see this area and I know it is designated for this project. I sit down and work. Trying out new ways to keep from getting distracted and/or jumping from one project to another. I found the wire carrier at a flea market. Perfect for holding my water jars to rinse my brushes.

A messy bookshelf. Don't we all have those? The stack of books in the middle are ones I recently read.

This is the end of the big old antique counter I usually create at. The front has 12 large deep drawers for holding art supplies and papers.(Whoo hoo) This side holds my camera collection.

Another antique shelf that holds sketchbooks, paper, prints to mail, clayboard, etc. The top has a pull down door and inside are two more shelves to hide stuff.

This is just a bit of my studio space. I'll show more later. (Might have to clean up first...)

Namaste,
Darlene

9 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

I always love to see peoples studios-so interesting!!

Darlene K Campbell said...

Me too Janet. Also their art supplies intrique me.

Dawn said...

Some interesting stuff ;0)

Darlene K Campbell said...

Hi Dawn....that's half the fun of being an artist...THE STUFF!

Darlene K Campbell said...

Dawn, Did you notice the little blue accordian book (left of cupey doll) that you made and I won in your giveaway?

Seth said...

I love studio shots and seeing the environment where people create and where the magic happens. My favorite pic here is your journal on the desk...just waiting to be filled!

Piarom said...

Thank you for letting us be part of your beautiful studio...I couldn´t show mine, it is to messy (but pppst don´t tell ;)...love your old furniture...so antique :)

Darlene K Campbell said...

Hi Seth, A true joy to have you stop by and take a look. Many thanks!

Darlene K Campbell said...

Piarom, Seems like everything in my house is old and very heavy...ask my husband cause he gets to move it in and put it in place. When I tell him I got something he always asks, "Is it heavy?" (Yep) I try to post some other photos soon.