Thursday, December 6, 2012

6x6 Watercolor and Mixed-Media Art Journal

Here is a peek at the art journal I'm working on. It is 6x6 and looks like it may become a chunky book. I may have to divide it and make two books. Here is a perk to where I work. Lots of cardboard...some in interesting shapes that I can use to enhance pages, become pages, or in this instance, be the storage box for the pages. This held microwave popcorn. I painted it with gesso and will add watercolors or paper ephemera to decorate it. This box is perfect for holding Moleskines, too. I've used them to collect paper scraps. You get the idea.

This is the cover so far.

Looks like I've jumped into a theme of faces without realizing it. I gessoed the pages. Added some stamp images with Golden Fluid acrylics. Collaged some images. Added torn pieces of copies of my previous art work. (Love to do this. I rarely use commercial images.)

A ribbon tied through a punched hole. I've painted the faces on 140lb watercolor paper cut the size of an ATC. (I used to buy ATC's, but why when it is so simple to make your own. Just trace a card from the deck of playing cards.) I attached them to the page with YES paste.

A wax seal holding airmail stamp in place from an envelope from England...an online artist friend. I will also be writing in this book.

I'll keep you posted as it progresses,
Namaste,
Darlene



2 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

Love this!

Darlene K Campbell said...

Thanks Janet. Going to pop over to your Blog...everyone on Roses has been complimenting you on your work.