Saturday, December 1, 2012

Quote Paperdoll for "Roses on my Table" Group

This is a paper doll I painted on watercolor paper for a swap. It was to be a Quote Angel. I chose "Love is Life" a shortened version of Mahatma Gandhi's quote, "Where there is love there is life."

I used to sit on my front porch and make paperdolls as a child with my sister and neighbor friend. We collected them in a shoebox and sometimes we traded them. I used colored pencils and crayons then. Today I use watercolors on watercolor paper. The wings has a layer of Crystal Effects and Martha Stewart Tinsel Glitter. The skirt is a layer of pink tuelle netting and pleated crepe paper with a bit of pearls at the waist. This particular doll reminds me of what I made as a child. When I make paperdolls I feel like an eight year old playing on the front porch again.

Namaste,
Darlene

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Pretty. Loving your memories Dxx