Saturday, January 19, 2013

Studio Organization

This is an old piece I primarily work at in my studio. It has twelve deep drawers that help me stay organized and plenty of space on top to create on.


I found these plastic containers in three sizes at Pat Catans. I use two of the sizes. I can easilystack them in the drawers. They have a hinged lid that flips up. When I need something I pull open a drawer and work from the supply box right there, or I may pull the container out and set it on the work space. Typically I hate plastic but the "see through" option was necessary if I'm going to stash supplies away in a drawer. Here is a container with bookbinding supplies.


This drawer holds inks, glitter, pan pastels, etc. The bottom container has tubes of watercolor and gouache. See the smaller containers in the front? I can stack four of these. I can keep like items in one container.


A drawer for paints.


I have two large containers in this drawer. One for colored pencils. The other for pastel pencils. Upfront I have eight small containers holding watersoluable crayons, oil crayons, pastels, charcoal, etc. I always know where things are. I like that I don't have to stop creating to look for something.

Namaste,
Darlene




2 comments:

Malinda said...

Love all these ideas Darlene! Especially the food display. Were you able to just get this at a local grocer? Or?? Would LOVE one!! ; )

Darlene K Campbell said...

Malinda, I can get you anything like this you want because I work at a convenience store. Email me your address and I'll send you a couple of things
darlenekcampbell@hotmail.com