Thursday, April 11, 2013

Onion Oil Painting


If you're not sure if you like part of a painting take a photo and upload it onto your computer screen. I thought I liked this background until I took a photo of it. One of the most important things I'm learning about oil painting is to step away from the painting periodically to look at it in a different light, at a different angle, etc.

The new background. Maybe almost too light but I like the motion and movement in it. To finish this I will take Daniel Edmondson's advice and lighten the table some and enhance the shadows and color on the two onions on the right because those onions are the focal point.

Cheers,
Darlene

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Hi Hun lovely to see your new oil painting. Oils are so difficult to work with (well I always thought so) I am looking forward to seeing how this progresses. Dxx