Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Buried Treasures with Seth Apter (Completed the Raccoon Painting)

 
If you don't know Seth Apter it is time you meet him. In addition to creating wonderful mixed-media art and teaching workshops he is the king of communicators about the happenings, books, and products, etc. of the mixed media world. Currently he is hosting "Buried Treasures" from his blog, "The Altered Page." The idea is that there are so many creative blogs out there that some of those great posts may have gotten buried before you had a chance to see them. Seth has listed the links to the participating artist's blogs. Any artist who would like to highlight one of their favorite blog posts can participate through June 16th. He will have the link up in his sidebar so we have easy access as we want. Believe me you'll find some treasures...I've already started looking.

Visit his blog:
to view the details.

Cheers,
Darlene






Acrylic and oil pastel on 16x16 Canvas
( A self portrait. An orphaned raccoon I raised. Bibbis liked to sit on my lap while I wrote.)

4 comments:

Raylee said...

love the colours & the way you have cropped the painting in photos to show the detail.

Darlene K Campbell said...

I appreciate your feedback Raylee. Thank you.

Annie said...

Hi Darlene. Wondering if this a self portrait? Like how the models eyes look slightly to one side and the raccoon looks straight at me! Love the orange as well.

Darlene K Campbell said...

Hello Annie, Thanks for visiting. Yes, this is based on a self portrait. This was a rescue raccoon I raised until she was ready to venture off by herself. She used to sit with me when I'd write.