Sunday, September 15, 2013

Exploring More Surface Techniques with Seth Apter



Previous posts have highlighted exploring Seth Apter's DVD, "Easy Mixed Media Surface Techniques." I've been building layers of texture on a large sheet of watercolor paper that has been cut in half. Here I am adding some light additions of texture using gesso spread on bubble wrap and Fed Ex packaging. Next I'll add some abstract marks using an old gift card and Golden Fluid Acrylics....Qinacridone Nickel Azo Gold and Iridescent Gold Deep (fine). Stay posted.





3 comments:

Jackie said...

nice ! loving all the textures already! the bursts of purple-mmmm!

Jackie said...

omg! my words to publish were

xx butcheck!
hahahahaha did you pick those?!!!! lol

Darlene K Campbell said...

You'll have to get this color if you don't already have it. The purple is Golden Dioxazine Purple (Fluid Acrylics).
Not sure what you're referring to...Did I pick what?
Hoorah! Glad you like it.