Friday, September 20, 2013

Metal Stamps Replace the Printed Words

Purchased this piece of art from Seth Apter






Pondered about those words stamped on the ribbon all afternoon. Became a bit more friends with them after I added the wash of yellow india ink and the charcoal pencil. But still...nah!
I purchased this piece of art (in the top photo) from Seth Apter. I have it placed in my art studio. I see it every time I sit to think over a painting, to read or meditate. I love those metal stamps and I asked him if he had anymore. Seth surprised me with some when he mailed my package out. I was considering hoarding them instead of using them, but today I realized this is what my piece needed. So I covered those words with two stamps. Thanks for the idea Seth.

Cheers,
Darlene

No comments: