Friday, October 11, 2013

Pperdoll Characters

http://willowing.ning.com




These characters were inspired by Tam Laporte at Willowing with her free art class, "Art, Heart & Healing." She also hosts LifeBook, a year long art adventure. Registration is now open and the class starts January 2014.

What a hoot to draw these characters. They remind me of the paperdolls I used to make when I were young. Funny how we circle back around and find our young artist self again and hey, it works for me today.

What creative activities did you do growing up?


Cheers,
Darlene

6 comments:

Raylee said...

i drew faces with biro similar to these in my mum's writing pad. she would complain as i always used up all her paper.

Jackie said...

Oh Raylee, if your Mum only could see the artist you were to become!

Darlene- I knew instantly it was you in the go go boots! I love these sweet sister dolls!

Judy Johnson of BCD ---- said...

OMG - I think about that all the time. When I was little I had a small box of clay and would make little animals with it. I still have the first one I made in my curio!

Darlene K Campbell said...

LOve this story Raylee.

Darlene K Campbell said...

Thanks Jackie...hope you're out shopping for GoGO boots today.

Darlene K Campbell said...

And we're all certainly happy you didn't forget about making little animals now. Saw your bear on FB ..amazing. My sister does similar work and I am always in awe.