Friday, January 24, 2014

CREATIVE JUMPSTART 2014 / LIQUITEX Gesso, Varnish & Acrylic Paints

I'm participating in my second year at Creative Jumpstart. Nathalie at http://nathaliesstudio.com
hosts a powerhouse of contributing artists such as Dina Wakley and Pam Carriker. The idea is to provide you with a creative, fun place to gain a jumpstart on your creative projects. You'll explore new techniques and be introduced to new materials.

The theme is "household items" which means the artists each share a video showing how they made art with a household item. Nathalie has spectaculor sponsors...Derwent, Liquitex, Stencil Girl, etc. and all participants have a chance of winning some very valuable and BIG art supplies from each sponsor. All you have to do is make art with a household item and/or the sponsored product, then post on your Blog or other public site, and link back to Nathalies Studio. I will be posting the creative projects I've made.

Today is this little journal. I thought of making it when I needed a place to keep all those little pieces of paper with doodles or fun things my favorite young boys say to me. I used to transfer it all to a journal then I decided to make a journal to house the actual scraps of paper with scrawled insight and ideas. I especially like that it rolls up and looks decorative sitting on the shelf.

Household items I used: Wire, scrap papers, vintage film negatives, scrap pieces embroidery floss, scrap piece of furnace tape, scrap of canvas

Sponsor products I used: LIQUITEX Varnish, LIQUITEX Gesso, and LIQUITEX heavy body acrylic paints. That was easy to do because what Liquitex product don't I have and use almost everyday?

If you like join us at http://nathaliesstudio.com

 Cheers, Darlene



4 comments:

Nathalie Kalbach said...

this is cool! Love it! Thank you for being part of CJS2014 and playing along in the Liquitex Giveaway!+

Darlene K Campbell said...

How fun to have you stop by Nathalie. Had a blast over at Jumpstart again this year. You do an awesome job. Thank you!

mandysea said...

wow, this is impressive. I love the idea you've included so many creative bits and pieces into it and that it rolls up - that's cool!

Darlene K Campbell said...

Mandysea, Thanks for stopping by. This was a fun way to hold those little important notations.