Sunday, February 2, 2014






I'm very excited about this handmade journal. The cover is one of those boxes Northlight or Amazon sends book purchase in through the mail. Traci Bautista in her DWELL workshop first inspired me to use post office box mailers for book covers.I cut off the extra piece of cardboard then gessoed it. I could've painted directly on the box but I used a 22x32 piece of cold pressed watercolor paper and painted on that. I used Liquitex, Golden and GELATOS (those creamy sticks...you can see some results in the circle designs). I cut the paper to fit the cover and used gel medium to adhere it. Two stacks of 3 signatures are inside. One set on the left and one on the right.

I have had many new creative ideas come out of participating in CREATIVE JUMPSTART:
http://nathaliesstudio.com

Cheers,
Darlene

4 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

Love your journal and wonderful colors!!

Darlene K Campbell said...

Hi JAnet and thank you.

Nathalie Kalbach said...

GORGeouS!!!! love it! thanks for being part of CJS2014!

Darlene K Campbell said...

Thanks Nathalie...had a great time at Creative Jumpstart.