Sunday, April 13, 2014

There is an Energy...

"She Forgot She Can't Remember" Canvas Painting/Acrylic/Ink/Oil Pastel




Creative energy is powered by my imagination. I can't have one without the other. Kind of like Tom and Jerry, or Stan and Laurel. Something like toilet and toilet paper or toothbrush and toothpaste.

Imagination isn't something you pack away in a box like your childhood toys once you've out grown them. You never outgrow imagination and creative adventures. In fact, in order to have creative adventures you must continue to nurture your imagination everyday. You must stop the chatter and listen to the whispers. I often have to remind myself, There is an energy...a creative energy that will reach me if I listen to the whispers.

And then act on them. No excuses. Just get to it. Those whispers are your imagination talking to you.

Can't find your imagination?  Not sure what you're looking for?

For me the imagination is those purple rays that come down from the universe and zap me with creative imaginings to write and paint. It is the gusto for observing the wonky stuff around me, and the beautiful things I bump into every day; then the power of getting this material onto paper, recorded somehow, with words or paint.

Cheers-
Darlene


1 comment:

JackieP Neal said...

I also believe in that energy Darlene! Great post and your painting really speaks to me ") You are so right about moving on it- no excuses, no hedging- just roll with it!