Friday, July 25, 2014

From This... to This!

 FROM THIS....




TO THIS...




I have a Moleskine that I keep most of my ideas in, my whines, my thoughts...you know that place where I can dump the chatter in my head. If the Moleskine isn't handy I scrawl on pieces of paper. I can easily fill up an entire piece of copy paper...front and back.

Later, I have to spin it around or flip it over, back and forth to be able to read it. See my notes above on the scrap piece of paper? You can see how I've written across other ideas and notes. This particular doodle I did while I was on the phone and  two weeks later I used it for this illustration. I keep all of these papers in a file folder so my desk doesn't look chaotic. When I need to feel very organized, instead of overwhelmed by all the notes I've scrawled, I will transfer the information I want to keep to my Moleskine.

I feel anything I have written down is brewing and simmering in the creative part of my being...sometimes without me even being aware...then BOOM! one cloudy day while I'm trimming my toenails I see an illustration idea, a gag line, or picture story revealed. Such fun!

Cheers-
Darlene


6 comments:

Julie-Anne Geddes said...

Yes so much chatter! You are so right about capturing those moments of insight in the midst of it all. You've inspired me to do more of this ...

Darlene Campbell said...

What a compliment, Julie-Anne to have inspired you. Thanks.

JackieP Neal said...

Ha- it happens while clipping your toenails?!! How much chatter is there! heehee

Darlene Campbell said...

Jackie...chatter, chatter, chatter!
Clang, clang, clang!

Marjie Kemper said...

Love all the stuff coming out of her head and how you transformed your page.

Darlene Campbell said...

Hi Marjie, Thank you...When Jackie & I talk about art and artists you're name always comes up. Happy you visited my blog. Stop by again.
Cheers-Darlene