Thursday, September 4, 2014

Painting Kitchen Stuff



A page from my sketchbook. Painting stuff in my kitchen. I probably have at least 20 of these goblets, pink, gold, blue and green ones.

This was my maternal Grandma's tin recipe box which still holds original recipes. I have Grandma's cookie jar that matches the box. And she would fill it with cut out sugar cookies..I also have the cookie and icing recipe and I bake them for most holidays.

That is my mom's strawberry shortcake recipe she made for family reunions. I also use this recipe.

I think it is important to pass down recipes from generation to generation. They help to keep our stories alive. Do you use your family recipes?

Cheers-
Darlene

6 comments:

Raylee said...

hi darlene,
yes i do use family recipes, i have my great grandmother's recipe book.
i have printed some & used them in collage paintings.
thanks for your comments on our blog.
in answer to your question, i live on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia. & yes i have been drawing & painting the birds that visit my backyard.i will post some photos soon.

Darlene Campbell said...

Ah ha, that explains the beautiful and different species of birds I saw in your photos.Australia is beautiful and looks to have lots of creative energy there...basing this on photos from DeMeng and Apter spending a month there for an art retreat. Did you get to take part?

JackieP Neal said...

Wonderful new blog my friend! I love the brightness of it!
As for the kitchen stuff...you know how to make even that look fun! I was looking real close at the picture though...and I can't seem to find the recipe cards for the recipes you were going to send me! Ha!xo

KTO said...

Love the beauty of simple everyday kitchen items. And now you have them forever. Lovely! (BTW, Tried to post earlier and think I emailed--sorry!) Kristin

Pam Huggins said...

I just love this sketch. The colors, the composition and the meaning behind it.
Well done Darlene! (As always.)

Dana S. said...

I have only used a couple of our family recipes- ones that I was taught in person, while I have scads of saved recipes from years gone by. But I love that you are just painting the things around you, the family treasures, for your art journal.