Thursday, September 18, 2014

Seth Apter's Studio Table Tour

Some stuff. EEK! I don't like those things on the floor. (Not sure what that says about me...)


My messiest spot. It's driving me nuts. There is a large wall to the left and I am looking for a wall unit or cubbie shelves from IKEA maybe. I need a place to store canvases too. Right now they are leaned up against the back of my art table and I don't like things sitting on the floor.

This is where I write or waste time on the computer. The chalkboard holds my priority list...hopefully I look at it.

I pull open a drawer, add a sketch board for my paper or sketchbook to sit on and I paint with watercolors like this. (Built in easel) I have to have my space neat and clean to work....UNLESS I'm working on a mixed media piece or an acrylic painting then I can tend to pile things up. But I always clean and set up the area for a new project...otherwise I get distracted or don't even tend to sit down and work cause it's too messy. I also write in this room and I MUST have things simple, quiet and orderly to write. (Hmmm, I need to write at a convent.)


I love the drawers in the front of my art table. (They keep me sane) Inks, pan pastels, ink pads, extra pans of watercolors etc. There are three more containers stacked under the pan pastels. When I need something I just pull a drawer open and pull out the container.
This drawer for acrylics.

Another of the twelve drawers in my art table. This one is for oil paints.


I sit here to watch art videos, read, write, sketch and nap.

A bit of my porch off my studio. It's lovely to extend my creative efforts outside if I choose.

This is a part of the large wrap around porch off my studio where I can read, write or paint too.

The other side of my art table. Big, old and heavy. I love it. There are the drawers for some of my supplies.
These plastic containers keep my supplies organized and they stack in the drawers of my art table. I can get them at Pat Catan's in three sizes.  Thank you for visiting my studio. Seth Apter has invited artists to take a photo of their studio table as it is today. Make sure you visit his blog to take the tour. I love peeking inside artist's studios. Wow, did I find some amazing studios and blogs to explore. Go herehttp://thealteredpage.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/studio-table-reveal.html
   


11 comments:

Terrie Purkey said...

Looks like you've got a great storage system! I always have good intentions to keep a tidy workspace but....it doesn't usually last long. Your porch is such a luxury - wow! It must be great to be able to sit outside and make art once in awhile. Thanks for sharing.

Raylee said...

you are so organized darlene!
the drawer/easel idea is great.
love your cane furniture.
thanks for showing us around.

Marilyn said...

Your porch looks so inviting. Thanks for the look-see!

Dana S. said...

So glad I stumbled over here to see your studio. Lovely place. I love the weathered wood. I was thinking of painting stuff in my area, but maybe I will just switch some things around and use more of that worn wood...I don't know. I don't have much space. My studio is at the foot of my bed in the bedroom!

JackieP Neal said...

I had no idea that you are so neat!!
Ha! I understand now,why you are always lollygagging on the front porch- I'd be there too!!
I saw Pee Wee! ha ha ha- didn't know you were a fan too!! Where's Cheery?
Thanks for the tour Darlene- love the old table! xoxo

Pam Huggins said...

I always love seeing where others create!
Thanks for sharing. A wonderful set of spaces you have.

Darlene Campbell said...

Yes Dana, enjoy the weathered-worn wood. I'm having a blast seeing everyone's spaces too.

Darlene Campbell said...

Terrie and Raylee, I didn't realize I was so organized either until I compared studio photos and suddenly mine felt so stark. ha ha But I think since I write in this room too I need to have things in their place so I don't get distracted.

Darlene Campbell said...

Marilyn, Thank you...I LOVE my porch. There are actually two more areas the size of the spaces I showed. This is the house I grew up in so I played there as a child. I remember drawing and coloring my own paper dolls out on the porch on a card table.

Darlene Campbell said...

Pam, Thanks for stopping by. I hope you went to Seth's blog and visited some other studios. Awesome places I can look at over and over.

Darlene Campbell said...

Well Jackie, most often I keep it neat...which keeps me a wee bit more sane and more focused. Yep, a fan of Pee Wee Herman. The other doll is Jerry Mahoney. I got him in the 5th grade and went to school and did an act for the class. I was terribly shy in previous grades...ha ha