Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Sketchbook Skool Influence of Tommy Kane



One of the instructors I'm studying with at Sketchbook Skool  sketchbookskool.com is Tommy Kane. tommykane.blogspot.com/   He talks of slowing down when we draw. Not moving the pen slower but taking time to draw all of the details...maybe spending 4-6 hours on a drawing.

I'm drawing stuff in my kitchen and I wanted to drink these before I finished drawing. It made me a bit anxious working so long, but once I put in over two hours I became quite enthralled with finding details. "Oh look I didn't even see that an hour ago," I'd say out loud. It got to the point where I didn't want the fun to end. Now to do it again tomorrow! Go to Tommy's blog tommykane.blogspot.com/ to see his fascination (well obsession) with details in his drawings. His work is brilliant!

Cheers-
Darlene

3 comments:

JackieP Neal said...

Gorgeous collection of bottles!!

JackieP Neal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pam Huggins said...

Your work is brilliant as well Darlene. Your details are wonderful- the time you spent worth it.