Thursday, November 13, 2014

Acrylic Study with Julie Prichard


Ha, I signed up for Julie Prichard's class "  8 Great Paintings"  www.thelandoflostluggage.com
last November. I had painted the first layer, let the canvas sit for a year, and just finished the painting today. That is why I appreciate Julie's classes being forever!

This study was about layering and blending colors in whispers...plus some mark making which I love to include.

This is a 9x12 canvas. I primarily used Golden Fluid acrylics, a smidgeon of Golden High Fluid acrylics, Golden Acrylic Glazing Liquid (Satin). And one flat brush. I highlighted the markings with Golden Iron Micaseous Oxide...love that stuff.

Chris Cozen and Julie Prichard have published a valuable book for acrylic painters titled, "Acrylic Solutions...exploring mixed media layer by layer" (Northlight Books)

Cheers-
Darlene


1 comment:

JackieP Neal said...

Beautiful Darlene! I really can appreciate the softness here- the whispers of color and the break to the solid on the bottom works so well! xo