Friday, November 28, 2014

My Art is Published in Lesley Riley's Book

24x36 Acrylic on canvas
(Self portrait)


I've had to wait months and months to be able to show this painting to you because it was chosen to be published in Lesley Riley's book, "Inspirational Quotes Illustrated: Art and Words to Motivate."  The first release of this book "Quotes Illustrated" can be purchased on Amazon Amazon.com as a collector book. The second release has 30 more pieces of art/quotes and has been picked up by Northlight Publishing. www.artistsnetwork.com

The quote I chose to accompany this painting is:
So you see the imagination needs moodling, long inefficient happy idling, dawdling and puttering. -Brenda Ueland

I am proud and grateful to have two pieces of art published in these books. (Thank you Lesley.)

See the ad for this book in the right sidebar. Click on the photo of the book, or the links above, to purchase. This book is full of beautiful, inspiring artwork and quotes. A lovely and meaningful gift.

Cheers-
Darlene

10 comments:

Lynn Cohen said...

Your art is so awesome! I love this new piece and these others I'm seeing here for the first time. Huge congrats for being published proud of you!

Darlene Campbell said...

Whoo Hoo! I got Lynn Chen following me on my Blog! Thanks so much for visiting!

Darlene Campbell said...

Sorry for not spelling your name correctly Lynn "Cohen."

owen swain said...

Big congrats. Very exciting.

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Your paintings look fabuluous, Darlene!

JackieP Neal said...

Happy happy day!! Congratulations my friend!! Hoe exciting!!!
Your portrait is stunning- as you are! I love the depth of the layers of color, every time I close up I see more beauty! Well done on the portrait and published!!
and yes, the call was awesome!! xo

Buzz Bain said...

Way to go! I'm buying two of them. Congratulations!

Lynn Cohen said...

I don't at all mind as passing for Chinese at times! ;-)

Win Dinn said...

Congratulations - well done!

Pam Huggins said...

Congratulations!!!
It's wonderful painting and a well deserved honor!
Yay YOU!!!