Tuesday, March 31, 2015

How I Paint Water (Zebra Cartoon)


How do I paint water?

Build layers of color starting with the lightest shade. I allow the first layer to dry. When I want to reveal water ripples I add "wet" splotches of paint and immediately press crumpled plastic wrap onto the wet paint. I wait a few seconds and lift it up and off. Let this dry and repeat. Remember to leave white areas for light.

And here's the big tip of the day (I'll probably be famous for this); for pee add a bit of Tim Holtz (Ranger) Distress Stickles in the color Scattered Straw. timholtz.com/blog   Stickles is a glitter glue that comes in a handy little squeeze bottle. (Yes, I've always been addicted to glitter and now as an adult artist instead of using glitter on handmade valentines I can create my own artsy pee.)

Cheers-
Darlene

1 comment:

JackieP Neal said...

OMG!! You totally cracked me up!! hahaahaaaa
Love the crumpled plastic tip for water!
hugs")