Sunday, May 3, 2015

Big Head Drawing


One of Lapin Barcelona's assignments for Sketchbook Skool www.sketchbookskool.com was to draw Big Head portraits similar to his style. He draws using live models but I didn't have a model at the ready so I used the following photos for reference.





These are my daughters (yes, artistic and creative souls). This is the set up they staged for a Halloween Trick or Treat night outside my house. I live in a huge stone house that appears "castle-like" or "haunted"...take your pick. So it was the perfect backdrop for this Halloween magic. They did not move. They appeared mannequin or doll-like. A child would approach to look closer and maybe reach out to touch when one of them would move. The child would scream and run off. Perfect Halloween fun!

Cheers-
Darlene

3 comments:

Buzz Bain said...

Great drawing! Love all things Halloween.

JackieP Neal said...

Great Big Head Darlene!! I am thinking you should do one of each of the girls then make paper dolls of them and give them as gifts!! How cool!

Darlene Campbell said...

Thank you Buzz...yes Halloween a favorite of mine too.
Jackie, good idea about the paper
dolls.