Sunday, January 17, 2016

Breakfast, Expressing, and Eyes Closed Drawings


I combined drawing my breakfast for Breakfast Club (SBS) and the first "Expressing" lesson on lettering, with cofounder of Sketchbook Skool, Koosje Koone. (Hmmm, that was one piled up sentance.)

Lettering is not one of my best abilities. I suppose because I don't practice to develop it, but I will be putting in some practice this week with Koosje Koone at SBS.

I am simultaneously enrolled in my third year long class with Carla Sonheim, "Y" is for Yellow. I will be playing with materials and experimenting different techniques. I'll be filling several sketchbooks while working towards completing a series of work. All participants will determine for themselves what that body of work, and or completed project will be. Right now I am considering writing and illustrating a children's picture book.

Here are a few examples of wrong handed drawings, eyes closed drawings, and smudgey stick figure drawings from Sonheim's class. I'm currently working through these techniques until I do eighty of them. Plus a completed piece of art comes out of this first practice. All of it done in two weeks. One of my focuses for this year is to work through to completion of a project, and online classes...you know instead of frittering about from project to project and half completing them...then dragging guilt around for not.

Carla introduced me to a sketchbook I haven't used before. The Canson XL Mix Media 98lb. It is the one with the blue cover. They are not expensive and right now are on sale at Dick Blicks




Backbone Swish Drawings


Wrong Handed Drawings


Eyes Closed Drawings


Smudgey Stick-Figure Drawings



No comments: