Sunday, January 31, 2016

Draw First Thing in the Morning Habit


I'm drawing my breakfast every day as encouraged by Danny Gregory. It is true that if you do one small thing every day, at about the same time every day, soon you have developed a habit. So what is so important about developing a habit of drawing my breakfast?

I start the day drawing,
I've accomplished something creative quickly, and
It serves as a positive warm up to having a creative day.

I like to eat my breakfast hot so here is how I accomplish that...

1. Cook breakfast.
2. Draw a mini version of breakfast.
3. Eat breakfast.
4. Add color to the drawing.

What could you draw every day? Breakfast, or the birds outside your kitchen window? Or try this idea. Put a sketchbook and pen on your nightstand. When you wake stay in bed and draw your feet pushed out from under the blankets, or draw what you see outside the window, or in the corner of your bedroom.

Can you see out the door into the hallway? Draw that.

Is the dog in bed with you? Draw him. You get the idea...draw something every morning. Make a happy habit of it.

Cheers-
Darlene


3 comments:

Jackie P Neal said...

I get the idea!! Although, it is way too dark when I awake to draw anything from bed!
I might have to give this a go! xo

Darlene Campbell said...

I love that you get up so early. I dream of doing that when I retire...don't think I can manage it with a 2-10pm job right now.

Vicki said...

I love your breakfast drawings. What a great way to start the day! In 100 years, historians can say, "This was the typical breakfast of an artist at the turn of the last century." How about that?